Saturday, September 24, 2016

Miscellany

Time to close all these open tabs in my browser!!!

Yes, I treat my browser like I do any flat surface in my home... piles of "to do" things. I am tired of open tabs! It's time to document and discard:


Plus, four delicious-sounding sweet potato recipes from Naturally Ella:


One final note to add to the miscellany...
I'd like to make an entire blog post about my notes from my wonderful watercolor painting workshop with Gail McManus. But until then, if you're looking for the very BEST watercolor paper, this is what she recommends: Arches Bright White Watercolor Paper at Dick Blick. This is

item number 10033-1005
Pkg of 5 Sheets, Cold Press
22" × 30"
140 lb (300 gsm)

List Price is $54.50
Current sale price is $23.58 AND they have a further sale from now through September 25, 2016, which is 30% Off Orders $35 Plus Free Shipping on orders of $35 or more. Use code CEDX. This means that you can get two 5 sheet pkgs, snag the 30% off discount plus the free shipping discount, and have plenty of paper to get you started for the school year. She cuts the 22 x 30 inch paper into quarters and gives a sheet to each child. It comes to about $1.25 per piece of paper, so $1.25 per student per week, if you do painting once a week. It is expensive paper. But it is absolutely THE BEST.

No comments: