Sunday, March 1, 2015

Quote from Marcel Proust

"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”

- Marcel Proust


You wouldn't think that I'd just be finishing my thank you notes for our wedding gifts... today on my four month anniversary... but here I am! At least I have lovely stationery and a beautiful quote to include. The days just seem to slip by... knitting a hat for the baby, making muffins with the All-Bran that Becca requested and then didn't want to eat, doing the 2013 taxes, having friends over to play. I just don't know where the time goes! Tomorrow I will be at 28 weeks and it's hard to believe that Spring is right around the corner and, after that, Memorial Day, when the baby is due!

Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss


I used Hint of Silk bamboo/silk blend yarn in Smoked Silk with size 5 needles. It's a lovely grey but I think it might not be best for this pattern because it's so slippery that the cute little rolled up hem of the hat keeps coming floppy and undone. I may sew it in place. But it is cozy and soft, which is what I wanted for our little boy!

No comments: