Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Graphic Organizers

I just went looking for a nice Venn Diagram since we are looking at slides under the microscope and I wanted my students to compare plant cells and animal cells. I have to say, I've been really pleased with the graphic organizers I've found at the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt website. Of course, they print traditional textbooks so if anyone can make a nicely laid-out worksheet, I guess it would be them. There are many times when graphic organizers come in handy, and I've downloaded their Sense Chart, Venn Diagram, KWL Chart, and Cluster/Word Web. They have many others and I know I will use more. I really recommend these for either home and classroom use and they work with all ages from grade 1 to 12. For many types of learners, these FREE graphic organizers are an amazing help!

Download them all -- you never know when you will need them, and you don't want to find out later that the website is gone!

No comments: