Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reading Notes

I don't usually post links for music resources but I have a friend who teaches band and he turned me onto this website: Vic Firth Speednote Reading Tutor. He says the students in his class come in during recess to play it! Basically, you look at the note and then use your mouse to click on the correct answer (several possible choices are given at the bottom of the screen). You get a point for every one you get right. It's been a loooong time since I had to practice FACE or Every Good Boy Does Fine (or, as he puts it, Every Girl Buys Designer Flipflops) yet I had a blast with this little computer game! Treble clef only, by the way.

Remember, that in the early years of recorder playing, the child is imitating you. That means YOU need to learn how to play it and therefore you need to learn to read music. So enjoy!



No comments: