Sunday, September 13, 2009

New School Year

I just had someone email me to see if I'm okay -- yes, I'm totally fine, just swamped with a new school year! I've been adding lesson notes to the website (subscription) and am totally obsessed with Form Drawing. I've never taught this block before and I love it. The most fun thing for me is seeing the next form in the progression and coming up with ideas of a story to go along with it. For example, for the freehand circle, I did Grandfather Twilight by Barbara Berger and then we painted red and blue in our Watercolor Painting lesson to make a lavender twilight sky. Tomorrow I begin the Capital Letters block with B. I'm using Barbara Dewey's book Waldorf Reading for Homeschoolers. She recommends the story of Goldilocks for B is for Bear; this also ties in nicely with introducing Crayon Drawing since the three sides of the beeswax block crayon are Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear. I began Sunday School today. We are following the notes I made earlier and posted on my blog.

I will try to write more regularly but can't make any promises. Things here are so busy. But I did go back to Utah last weekend which was fantastic and if anyone wants to see the hunk who took me down the river in July, here he is (image 6046). Yes, I went back to see him again. :-)

No comments: