Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bringing Waldorf Home

I just checked in with Nicole and confirmed that I am indeed a presenter at the Bringing Waldorf Home conference this August. Unfortunately, it's being held the exact same weekend as Barbara Dewey's teacher training which I like to attend... Looks like I'll be in Bethesda MD that weekend instead of driving to Bowerston OH. But I am excited to be a presenter again. It was a really good experience last year! This year's theme is "Meeting the Developmental Needs of Children." Nicole said that, in particular, she wants us to reference The Educational Tasks and Content of the Steiner Waldorf Curriculum, one of my favorite books in the world. I can think of so many that would be helpful here as I prepare my topics: Teaching as a Lively Art, Towards Creative Teaching, the two collections of essays edited by Ruth Pusch (below)... it will be so much fun to prepare for this conference! I feel areas of my brain sparking back to life again after so much time spent in Montessori.



No comments: